2013 PARIS VACATION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve Your chances of winning.
These Official Rules (the â€œRulesâ€) constitute a legally binding agreement by and between LD Products, Inc. (â€œLDâ€) and You or Your company (in either case, â€œYouâ€ or â€œYourâ€) concerning Your entry in the 2013 Paris Vacation Sweepstakes [LD Products Paris Dream Vacation Giveaway] (the â€œContestâ€). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. PDT on July 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on [July 29, 2013] (the â€œContest Periodâ€). All entries must be received within the Contest Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Only legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Officers, directors, members, and employees of LD or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of such individuals, and persons residing in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. You have four (4) opportunities to enter the Contest during the Contest Period: (1) by entering Your valid email address at [http://promos.ldproducts.com/paris-giveaway/],(2) by visiting LDâ€™s Facebook page at [www.facebook.com/LDProducts] and clicking on the â€œLikeâ€ button to become a fan of LD, (3) by completing the online form at [http://promos.ldproducts.com/paris-giveaway/] to tell LD how often you buy ink and toner, and (4) by posting a statement on Twitter.com (a.k.a. â€œtweetingâ€) about the Contest using a hyperlink to the Contest [http://bit.ly/LDParisVacation] and the hashtag [#LDProducts].
LIMIT one (1) entry per person by any individual method during the Contest Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Facebook account, or Twitter account for purposes of entering the Contest. Any attempt by You to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins or any other method will void Your entries and You may be disqualified from the Contest. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All entries become the exclusive property of LD and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by LD.
The odds of winning depend on the number of participants and entries placed in the Contest.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Within two (2) business days after the close of the Contest Period, LD will randomly select one potential winner of the Contest. The potential winner will be notified by telephone, email, and/or through a direct message sent through Facebook or Twitter. The potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified, otherwise the potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random.
Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he or she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of any necessary waivers, publicity, liability releases, and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the â€œWinnerâ€ of the Contest. A potential winnerâ€™s noncompliance with any request for execution of waivers and releases may result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random. Winner will be announced within 5 business days of close.
5. PRIZE. One Winner and a guest will receive a Paris vacation (the â€œPrizeâ€), with an approximate retail value of $5,990, as follows: (a) Roundtrip airfare for two (2) persons from any international airport in the contiguous United States to Charles de Gaulle Airport or the Paris Orly Airport, coach class; (b) Five (5) nights in a standard room in the Banke Hotel Paris; (c) Guided tours around Paris and (d) 1000 Euros. Except as expressly identified above, gratuities, meals, travel insurance, laundry service, hotel room service, transportation, and all other costs, expenses, and incidentals in connection with the Winnerâ€™s receipt and use of the Prize are the Winnerâ€™s sole responsibility.
The Prize vacation must be taken before November 22, 2014. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
The Winnerâ€™s travel companion must be 18 years of age or older unless the companion is a member of the Winnerâ€™s immediate family. The Winnerâ€™s travel companion must travel with the Winner.
All certificate, vouchers, checks, and other documents constituting the Prize will be mailed by LD to the Winner with the winner assuming all risk related to shipment and delivery.
Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except as stated herein or upon the prior written approval of LD. PRIZES ARE AWARDED â€œAS ISâ€ WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY LD.
Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE. By participating in the Contest the Winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and must sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility, and release of liability prior to acceptance of the Prize. By accepting the prize the Winner grants to Sponsor the irrevocable right to use the winnerâ€™s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). Similarly, the Winnerâ€™s travel companion must sign a publicity release and grant all other releases and rights contemplated in this paragraph.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, LD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. INDEMNITY BY YOU. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LD and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors, assigns, contractors and Third-Party Service Providers from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings (collectively, Claims), including but not limited to legal costs and fees arising out of or relating to: (i) Your breach of these Rules, (ii) Your access to participation in the Contest; (iii) Your acceptance and/or use of the Prize; and (iv) any other conduct by You appurtenant to the Contest.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. You assume all liability for losses or injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest or by acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. LD is not responsible for: (1) any late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; or (ii) for any incorrect or inaccurate information in the Rules, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of chips or bets in the Contest. LD assumes no responsibility for an error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of authorized access to, or alteration of, Contest entries. LD is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or participants on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other personâ€™s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading materials in the contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including legal restriction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of LD that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, LD reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
10. COPIES OF RULES AND WINNERSâ€™ LIST. For a printed copy of these Rules or, after termination of the Contest Period, a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: LD Products, Inc., 3700 Cover Street, Long Beach, California 90808.