NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IT IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, BUT EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND AND ALL TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this promotion is Sugarfina, Inc., with offices at 1700 E Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, California 90245 (“Sponsor”), and the “Co-Sponsors” are: CALPAK, with offices at 1700 S Wilmington Avenue, Compton, California 90220, BECCA Inc, with offices at 142 W 36th Street, New York, New York 10018, Summer Fridays, with offices at 9800 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, California 90212, Planet Blue, with offices at 1653 12th Street, Santa Monica, California 90404, and Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, with offices at Val de Pitons, P.O. Box 251, La Baie de Silence, Soufriere, St. Lucia. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
2. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING: There is one (1) grand prize for this Promotion, comprised of:
1. Two (2) Sugarfina 20-piece Candy Trunks™, with a collective retail value of $390;
2. Two (2) Oh Joy! X CALPAK 2-piece sets, with a collective retail value of $570;
3. BECCA Cosmetics product, as determined by BECCA, with a retail value of $400,
4. Ten (10) Summer Fridays Masks, as determined by Summer Fridays, with a combined retail value of $472;
5. Planet Blue Online Credit, with a combined retail value of $400;
6. One (1) 3-night stay in a Sugar Mill Room at the Viceroy Sugar Beach resort, plus complimentary daily breakfast for two, and one private yoga session for two, all with a combined retail value of $1,800 (available for travel June 1 – October 31st, 2019); and
7. Travel arrangements to St. Lucia, made by Sugarfina, up to $950.00 in out-of-pocket costs.
The total combined retail value of the grand prize is $4,982.00.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner may not substitute his or her prize for its cash equivalent and may not transfer or assign the prize without Sponsor’s permission. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this promotion by either:
[A] Visiting the Sugar Beach Retreat Sweepstakes landing page hosted at www.sugarfina.com/retreat, and submitting your email address.
[B] Alternatively, you can enter mailing a postcard (3" x 5") with your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number to Sugarfina, Inc., Sugar Beach Retreat Sweepstakes, 1700 E Walnut Ave, El Segundo, California 90245. Submissions received without an email address will be disqualified.
Entries submitted to Sponsor (“Submitted Material”) will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to participants. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia (but excluding Rhode Island and all territories and possessions of the United States of America) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are the age of majority or older in their respective places of residence as of January 18th, 2019. This promotion is not open to those who, as of January 18th, 2019 were:
(a) employees, directors, officers, agents or representatives of Sponsor, a Co-Sponsor or of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or parents, advertising or promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials and services in relation to this promotion;
(b) members of the immediate family of any of the persons in (a) above;
(c) engaged in the development, production, drawing of winners for this promotion;
(d) members of the same household as any of the persons in (a) and (c) above.]
(collectively, the “Released Parties”).
5. DRAWING/SELECTION: Except in the case where the potential winner is a Canadian resident, the winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing conducted by a representative of Sponsor, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects. The winner(s) will be selected on or about March 1st, 2019 at 1700 E Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245 and will be notified within thirty (30) days after the drawing by telephone, e-mail or mail. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) calendar days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to successfully solve unaided a four-part mathematical equation administered by telephone.
6. SCHEDULE: This promotion begins on January 18th, 2019 and ends February 14th, 2019. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. pacific time.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend the Rules of this promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of this promotion. By participating, participants agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and “Facebook,” and ”Instagram,” from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prize(s) or participation in this promotion. Winner may be requested to sign an additional release and eligibility affidavit. Winner agrees to permit Sponsor to use his/her/their name, address, city, state, photograph, videotape or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for no additional compensation.
8. TAXES. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor does not provide tax advice. Participants are encouraged to contact their own tax advisor regarding potential tax implications, if any, of this promotion.
9. WINNERS LIST / COPY OF RULES: For the name of the prize-winner(s), available after February 14th, 2019, or to obtain a copy of these rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to "Sugar Beach Retreat Sweepstakes - List of Winners or Copy of Rules", Sugarfina, Inc., 1700 E Walnut Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245.
11. DISPUTES, APPLICABLE LAW: By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the state of California, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California, U.S.A.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor, its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
13. TRAVEL CONDITIONS. The Winner will be solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the trip description herein, including but not limited to any and all ground transportation, gasoline, tolls, parking, meals and beverages, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, laundry service, telephone, internet, movies), gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Each winner will be required to provide a valid major credit or debit card upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to the winner’s major valid credit card or debit card provided. Each winner must travel on dates designated by Sponsor stated herein. In the event a winner cannot travel on dates designated by Sponsor, the winner will be disqualified and the winner appointment may be awarded to another participant using the same selection method described in Section 5 above. Each winner will be required to supply the Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes [Not applicable in in Canada]. The approximate retail value of the trip may vary based on the commercial airport nearest winner’s permanent residence and the cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel. Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value will not be awarded. Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets and various additional material restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers. Other material restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from winner’s change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. Each winner and his/her guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID) in order to travel. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Each winner is responsible for obtaining his/her own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. Each guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian in the event the guest is a considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Once a guest is designated, that guest may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By redeeming tickets, winner and/or his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable venue rules and regulations. In the event the scheduled Sugar Beach Retreat Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to or during the trip for any reason, the cancelled portion of the prize will not be awarded and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or substitution for that portion of the prize. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Defense and/or the Department of Homeland Security, as required. Sponsor has made no warranty or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use and, further, accepts no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.